Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Maybe Sunday?

First, we got to hold Ashlyn yesterday for the first time. She’s so tiny and warm and perfect. Sorry I didn’t get to posting yesterday. At least I don’t think I did. My head is foggy on what I’ve done when.

 

Now the latest.

Doctor just checked in with me for the morning. Ashlyn did get overnight hood oxygen so she could get a good solid rest but it’s already gone again for the day. Today she stays in NICU but moves down to level 1 which means monitoring only. She could come up here but I counted 23 babies and one nurse at 4:15 am when I went down the hall to get my sterilized bottles to pump and I know my roommate had her baby with her. Yeah. Ash can stay downstairs where someone can really watch her just one more day. The whole week she’s been in there have been at least three nurses and no more than four babies.

 

Then she can discharge from the NICU rather than through the regular nursery. Great news. It’s possible if today is stellar she can come home Sunday instead of Monday. That gives me motivation to camp out in the lobby several more hours today. Our original plan was to stick for two feedings then head home for me to rest and hope to catch two feedings later when the kiddos were done with dinner and winding down for the day.  Repeat on Sunday – two morning, two afternoon. Come back Monday for morning feedings and cross fingers she could come home.

 

So the agenda for today:
Talk to Dr. Loh about Ashlyn

Shower
Talk to Dr. Loh about my discharge (yeah, my doctor and Ashlyn’s doctor have the same name – it’s a little confusing sometimes but entertaining. Remember my post about how Mr. Lim does everything? Well, I guess Dr. Loh does all things medical.)

Get pain meds in hand

Pay monster bill downstairs

Discharge!!

Feed Ashlyn

Sit in lobby

Feed Ashlyn

Sit in lobby

Feed Ashlyn

Sit in lobby

Repeat ad nauseam until I’m too tired to stay.

Sleep at home – maybe on the couch tonight if I’m too tired to climb three stories to get to my bed (and climb in my bed which I admit is a bit of a mountainous height since we got the new mattress last year before we moved)

 

I almost hate to post anything at all because with every report I get the plan changes. Why publish it if it’s not going to happen. Just leads to emails that say, “But I thought you were going to…..” I know. That’s just the way it goes with medical stuff I guess. The “current” situation is always different than when you last checked in.  Oh well. I’m hoping and praying she’s a tough cookie and pushes for Sunday discharge. I think she can. I think she can. I think she can.

No comments: