Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Ashlyn Comments

Jacob held Ashlyn the first time and after just a couple minutes he commented in alarm, "Mom, where are her glasses? She can't see ANYTHING!" Such is the perspective of the kids in my house. We'll take her in to the eye doctor in a few months and see if she got my eyes or daddy's eyes. I'm praying at least one of our kids got daddy's eyes.



Ben thought she had teeny, tiny everything. Tiny fingernails, tiny head. She sticks out her tongue a lot. He claims he got the first kiss she ever gave away when she licked his face.  He loves to hold her and look at her.


Maddie thinks Ashlyn has a little bit of hair and her eyes are small. She loves to hold her little sister and tell everyone who will listen about her.  She says Ashlyn tries to grab her glasses already. She wanted to take a picture into her school class to show her off to all her friends. 



Here is an email excerpt from my email conversation with her teacher I thought was hilarious.

Kiran,
Sorry we weren’t organized enough to send pictures of the baby on Monday. She was still in the hospital so the weekend didn’t quite go as planned. And our printer wasn’t working well. Brian said he could print them at work. I laughed so hard when he brought home near poster sized prints last night. I guess he was working on another project and forgot to change the paper size. Once it was done he figured why reprint.

Ashlyn was released from the NICU yesterday morning (Monday) so Maddie finally got to meet her in the afternoon. She was so pleased to have a sister and loved holding her so much she didn’t want to go on any play dates at all but wanted everyone to come to our house to show her off.

Angie

Hi Angie,
Ashlyn’s pictures were such a big hitJ We have put them up if that is ok. Yes Maddie is proud. I told her I am sure she’ll make a super big sister.
She is also thrilled to have a helper-she said she does not have to help with the laundry anymore-hilarious!! I asked her what she did instead..I teased her-do you sit and have a cup of tea instead? She said NO that’s for grown ups!! Then I said I bet you help mom look after Ashlyn instead and she said yes.
Kiran

No comments: